Thursday, January 24, 2013

Time To Go Deeper

As I asked what to place upon the altar of my heart this morning, I got teary eyed and thought of Leah. It has been quite some time since thoughts of her have elicited such strong emotion. My first thought was, no, not this, not now, and then I took a breath and relaxed into the emotion and asked what is here for me now? I have recently started a journey to add a facet of healing to my practice. I am training to become a Certified Eating Psychology Coach through The Institute for the Psychology of Eating. This work is deep, and examines eating and body image challenges in ways that are new to me. As I am studying this work, I am also applying the what I am learning to my own relationship with food and body image. I am finding new portals into my inner work. I will write more here soon about some of what I am learning. What I realized this morning as I sat with these feelings of grief that are arising is that slowing down with eating is also slowing down other areas of my life, and allowing what is now ready to emerge to rise to the top to be seen. wow! So today I place upon the altar of my heart my sweet girl. It is now time to go more deeply into my relationship with her as she is now, more than 12 years after her physical passing from my life. This really does excite me, because I have gone really deep already, and I know the grace that is revealed when I meet what wants to be met, no matter how painful. Much gratitude to all who have brought me to this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment